DISCLOSURE STATEMENT for Rhonda Mills
Mills Rock Limited trading as The Mortgage Advisor (FSP769601) is an Authorised Body (AB) under the New Zealand Financial Services Group FAP (Finance Advice Provider) licensed by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE ADVICE
The Mortgage Advisor provides advice to clients about their mortgages. My financial adviser provides financial advice in relation to mortgages:
- For mortgages, I work with six banks – ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Westpac, TSB & The Co-operative Bank.
- For mortgages, I work with these non-bank lenders – Liberty, Bluestone, Select, Resimac, Peppermoney, First Mortgage Trust, NZCU & Avanti Finance.
FEES OR EXPENSES
Unless specifically negotiated in advance, the financial advice that The Mortgage Advisor provides to clients for a mortgage is at no cost to the client.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST AND INCENTIVES
For mortgages, The Mortgage Advisor and the financial adviser receive commissions from the banks with whom I arrange mortgages. If you decide to take out the mortgage, the bank will pay a commission to your financial adviser. The amount of the commission is based on the amount of the mortgage.
To ensure that my financial advisers prioritise my clients’ interests above their own, I follow an advice process that ensures my recommendations are made on the basis of each client’s goals and circumstances. All my financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. I undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme is undertaken annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
COMPLAINTS HANDLING AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
I am committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any complaints. In the first instance, please email me or call direct on 027 251 6128. When I receive a complaint, I will consider it following my internal complaints process:
- I will consider your complaint and let you know how I intend to resolve it. I may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- I aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If I am unable to, I will contact you within that time to let you know I need more time to consider your complaint.
- I will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether I can resolve your complaint and how I propose to do so.
If I am unable to resolve your complaint, or you are not satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL). Financial Services Complaints Ltd provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint, if I haven’t been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.
The Mortgage Advisor and anyone who gives financial advice on my behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that I give advice.
I am required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure my advice is not materially influenced by my own interests.
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice.
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure I treat you as I should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that I have. More information is available by contacting me, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.